rino, the quick hits
gus. here's the rino guide i send to all humans who ask. it's a great quick start to a single neighborhood in denver. my friends and i spend a lot of time here. it's a food and drink neighborhood with a lot of street art (that changes every year).
- ratio - so yum. im not kidding everything here is great.
- epic - this was originally a utah brewery who moved to denver. try the escape to colorado ipa and the brainless line.
- 10 barrel brewing - this is an oregon brewery with a colorado presence. i really like the sours that they do.
- stem ciders - for your glutard friends. good cider and lots of fun events.
- infinite monkey - this is a winery but is cool to check out.
- first draft - this is a pour your own bar. it's super fun.
food & drink:
- dio mio - handmade italian and much cheaper than il posto. happy hour absolutely crushes here with 5$ cacio e pepe.
- bar helix - this is a newcomer with fantastic food and drink.
- park burger - i worked at one of their locations in college so i am partial but also one of the best patios in denver. great burgers, beer, and boozy shakes.
- cart driver - this place has awesome pizza. like awesome. and they have a late night happy hour from 10-12.
- work & class - good place to take a variety of people. they have meat and sides but is great mix and match.
- hop alley - chinese from the team that started uncle ramen. great vibes.
- il posto - fancier italian with a cool two layer restaurant set up.
- the populist - this is kind of the og spot in rino. great small plates with a killer cocktail program.
- sushirama - this isn't the best sushi in denver, but it comes out on a conveyour belt which is just fun.
- stowaway - coffee and food with the best fried chicken sandwich i have ever eaten. fact.
- finn's manor - this is a kind of collective with food trucks, a bar, and usually fun music. it's a great place to start on a night out.
- pon pon - it's a bar with an art gallery in it. it's fun for later at night if you don't feel like dancing.
- matchbox - i could live at matchbox. it's a great bar and is always packed.
- meadowlark [kitchen] - meadowlark has two sides, the bar side and the kitchen side. i prefer the kitchen side because the bar side sometimes has a 5$ cover and the kitchen is just really fun.
- millers & rossi - speakeasy style that also has an art gallery and games.
- the source - this is a marketplace with a bunch of different things in it like amazing restaurants (acorn) and good coffee (boxcar).
- denver central market - as it sounds, it's a marketplace. i like the ice cream shop in there best.
- topo designs - denver brand (mostly backpacks) with their flagship in rino right by cart driver / work & class.
- crema coffee - awesome coffee shop.
- rosenberg's bagels - while technically in 5 points not rino, this is the best fucking bagel you will have outside of nyc. i get the egg everything with dill cream cheese and onion.